What is the GSA Program?
- The GSA is a financial allowance to be given to the Oxford Sandy and Black Pig Group charity supporters to encourage the geographical spread and genetic selection of the OSB bloodlines within the UK.
- The GSA encourages the charity’s supporters to travel for genetic diversity.
- Encourages a good genetic selection
- Encourages new breeders and a network of communication
- Creating positive and direct communication with the Trustees and/or Regional Representative.
What is Required?
- An OSB breeder is willing to travel either;
- over four hours or
- 200 miles
- Introduce a rare line or a sow/boar bloodline
- Where 5 or less than a given bloodline exists in that county/region
- Applicant MUST be an active supporter of the OSBPG
- Is a BPA member with Breeder status
- Purchased pigs must adhere to breed standard
- Provide pedigree details of all currently owned registered stock
- Provide pedigree details of all proposed registered stock
- Provide photos and/or video (including official identification i.e tag) of the proposed stock
- Provide confirmation of transfer of ownership of proposed stock
How much is the Genetic Spread allowance?
The allowance of GBP175.00 will be awarded after the successful transition and
movements of the Oxford Sandy and Black Pig is confirmed and verified with the
charity and purchaser.
Why are we doing this?
The achievements will be tenfold as we hope to see a steady increase in our
bloodlines diversity and to populate designated regions that may not otherwise have a particular
The objective of this project is to encourage a good genetic selection. To encourage
new breeders and to encourage a network of communication for the supporters of our
charity. To also encourage communication, which is paramount, with our supporters
and trustees. Creating positive and direct communication with the Trustees and/or
The Charity’s ethos and focus is to support, inspire, educate and enthuse individuals
about our breed and give guidance to our supporters.
How do I apply?
To apply you need to submit an online application form, you can do this via the button below. Please note that application does not guarantee qualification for the award, applications are reviewed on an individual basis and reviewed by the charities trustees.Apply here